Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use aeration?
- Aeration can be a good way to prevent stratification and increase oxygen throughout the water body preventing stagnant water.
Are all of your products safe for fish?
- Yes, as long as all products are applied according to each specific label.
Is it safe to eat the fish after using herbicides and algaecides?
- Yes, however some products do have restrictions. Refer to product label under fishing restrictions for more specific details.
Can I treat all of my vegetation at once?
- It is typically a bad idea to treat all vegetation at one time due to the amount of oxygen that will be required to decompose of the dead plant matter. This also varies on the amount of vegetation covering the pond.
Why are some ponds muddier than others?
- The different types of soil within the ponds watershed create different forms of clarity.
What can I do to prevent vegetation from growing in my pond?
- Provide aeration and add a dye such as Aquashade to prevent sunlight from creating algal blooms. Another option is to use products to reduce and bind nutrients limiting the amount of nutrients available for vegetation.